Acceptance decisions will be made as soon as the admissions process is completed, after which we will notify families of their admissions status by mail. Upon acceptance, registration materials must be completed and all fees must be paid within two weeks of acceptance. If the registration materials and fees are not received by the deadline, the applicant’s spot will be forfeited to a child on the waiting list.
Admissions decisions will be made by the Admissions Committee based upon the results of the evaluations and the application materials. Acceptance will also be based upon grade level availability. Additional admissions consideration includes:
– Academic ability to be successful in the Gordon School programs
– Acceptable recommendations from previous school
– Satisfactory conduct records from previous school
– In-house screening results reflecting social, cognitive and academic functioning
– Assessment by faculty of formal or informal visit
– If deemed necessary, a child may be asked to undergo psycho-educational testing and/or additional evaluations performed by a specialist at the applicant’s expense
– Students applying for grades 3-5 should demonstrate knowledge of Hebrew and Judaic Studies or they may be required to enroll in a tutoring program to build skills
– The Gordon School welcomes families of all races, religions and cultural backgrounds. We do not discriminate in admission on the basis of race and national or ethnic origin.
All applicable state and federal regulations will be adhered to regarding application evaluations.